Hunted is based on Cameron Costello’s poem ‘The Bunyip of Bummiera’. It is the result of an intensive devising/development residency at Footscray Community Arts Centre as part of the 2013 Wominjeka Cultural Festival, and was produced by John Harvey, Brown Cabs Productions. This was a further exploration of this stimulus, as in 2012 the same creative team responded to ‘The Bunyip of Bummiera’ and created a short film, ‘The Hunter’, and also extended this work into ‘My Lover’s Bones’, presented as a co-production between Brown Cab Productions, FCAC and Melbourne Festival 2014
- Production-Costume Designer/ Devisor
- Director/Devisor: Margaret Harvey
- Performer/ Devisor: Kirk Page
- Performer/ Composer/ Audio Visual Designer/ Devisor: Anna Liebzeit
- Lighting Designer/ Devisor: Lisa Mibus
- Stage-Production Manager/ Audio Visual Designer: Ainsley Kerr
Feedback for ‘My Lover’s Bones':
The design is astonishing – an unsettling electronic score; digital projections and lighting which carve the stage, and even Page’s body, into eerie (and oddly beautiful) scenes.
My Lover’s Bones remains an atmospheric and stylish take on the bunyip story – one every theatre designer should see for the show’s sensory magic, the incredible shadow world it conjures from the stage.
Cameron Woodhead, Sydney Morning Herald
Photography by Deryk McAlpin